blog Layouts

    ReaD ON....

Monday, June 04, 2007

a Big Help for a chinoy wedding

I got a copy of the first My little Kanchiu Book edition a year or 2 years ago in a bridal fair at Fort Bonifacio, the NBC Tent. Way back we are just planning to get married but we don't have a particular date yet. Our wedding got postponed due to a lot of unavoidable circumstances. This Kanchiu book really helped a lot, Sandz, a friend, got engaged and got married with this book by her side, Pame, who's engagement ceremony is guided by this book. I read this book cover to cover though my wedding didn't pursue earlier, I believe this is an added knowledge. I've been dreaming to prepare my wedding ever since.

Getting married chinoy way is really really complicated, many traditions to follow and many rules not to break. I got the second edition of My Little Kanchiu Book at Edsa Shangrila Fair Last Month, I was excited I read that they added few articles like the Chinoy Reception "Pan-To" and the Dowry. I won't be having my Chinese engagement "tinghun" to save up some dough. at first my parents really object our decision but firm as we are, they agreed as long as we will still have to follow some traditions like the exchange of jewelries, wrist watch and the sin-na. We will be having our ke-tseng (a presentation of the things the girl will be bringing at the boy's house) days before we get married. I don't plan on showing them off to our friends and relatives since I really think practical wise, there's no need, what matters is that Emer and I knows that this will help us start our new life. We also don't plan on having Chia-Te (after exchanging vows will then proceed to hotel for the introduction of bride to the groom's side) as we prefer to spend the time taking pictures. Although we won't be having these ceremonies, this book will really help me a lot because we will still follow many traditions, like the things I will be bringing in for ke-tseng, the feng shui belief during the preparations and on the actual day of the wedding and other minor details. A little book with a big big help. Like I said, getting married Chinoy way is not easy as it seems. Special kami eh!
** this book is another wonderful w@w find

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow thanks os much. Knowing somebody found it useful makes the effort to compile it worthwhile.

Thank you thank you for appreciating it!

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger