blog Layouts

    ReaD ON....

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Not-So-Good Encounter with Noah's Park

Last week, I blog about how happy I am to have found my prenup location at Noah's Park and how happy I am with the warm welcome the owner and her (i think) assistant extends us but I was very disappointed how they handle clients after booking with them.
We booked with them only through phone since it's only last Saturday that we have decided to actually do the pictorial at the said place.
We're very glad they still accommodated us even though it is already on a short notice. When I ask them if they cater food they said that they can cook for us and so thinking for the less hassle we agreed. Upon arrival at the Park around 1pm, Jocelyn ask if they will already serve the food and I said yes, she ask me if we wanted to use the cabana for only 550, since we will spend more time taking picture is I just said "no", I ask her if they charge for the use of tables near the kiosk she said "no", so to save up some dough we just had lunch at the tables. The food is typical, I was just disappointed because it's a pack lunch (she told us that it will be a course meal) and it's already cold, well... at least it didn't taste bad.
The place is overall nice. It did rained a little for a few minutes, we stop for a while to also take a rest. After the rain we continue the pictorial. It was already dark when they open the lights and unfortunately we also did our last shot. We are all like "may ilaw naman pala, ngayon lang binuksan". Then Jocelyn approach us and told us that they will be charging additional price per person if we still wanted to stay because they are only open until 5pm. Since we just had our last shot we just told her we are already leaving. I remember asking them clearly that if we can use the venue till evening, they didn't mention any other charges. I was a bit mad. I just let it slip though since we are all tired and wasted.
And so we settle the payments. She charge us the 120 per person as we agreed upon and 100 per pax for the food. Jocelyn told me that the owner Dr. Velasquez told her to charge us for a cabana since they require such. According to her they always charge at least 1 cabana for a group who visit the place. I was so damn angry, I felt that they have the responsibility of telling me all those thing before hand and not when we are settling our bill. Dammit! Emer and my brother told me to just let it slip, too not worth it for more arguments. If I only knew then we should just had lunch at the Cabana. Other charges are not really big deal but I just hope they told me all those when I was just inquiring.
They are still newly opened but if they will keep having hidden charges I'm sure they won't stay long, in this world it is always to best to keep your clients satisfied. I remember telling them that since I like the place I will recommend them to others but right now after the not so good encounter with them I think I will just forget about the place. Anyway, what matters most is the we enjoy the pictorial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger