blog Layouts

    ReaD ON....

Monday, November 05, 2007

Lawatsa sa Bataan

I had a second thought of going out on a vacation last long weekend because we're really really on a tight budget especially now that we are only few months away from our wedding but what made me change my mind is that the company we will be going out with are really awesome and nice plus I wanted more pictures for my AVP and I also think that a good vacation will help relieve our stress.
Originally, we wanted to go to Hundred Island Pangasinan then Dagupan but after lots of text and calls and talks we decided to just visit the place some other time and so off we go to our destination, we chose Bataan.
We heard Mt. Samat from our AIR buddies who visited the place few months ago, their pictures are just so nice and awesome that we, Emer, Kiam, Jays, Joyce, Ate Nene and I decided to check it out, with Joyce's son Jared with us, we took a lot of pictures and stayed there less than an hour (i Think). The place for me, is not really a wow and a place I will visit again, I'm not just a fan. It's historical landmark built sometime during Marcos regime, there are guns and canyons displayed, pictures and model of the whole Bataan. The wind is crisp and chill up there, might be because it is located at the top of the mountain and it is really really high. From the top you'll see a very beautiful view of Bataan, it's nice to stay there for a few minutes to enjoy the breeze, in fact it's nice to stay their for few hours just doing nothing but laughing and sharing stories. But since I am fascinated with beach, I was excited to reach Morong in no time.
After checking out the place, we wanted to go food tripping but we got lost along the way and ended up at the other side. We were all shock when we learned we're at the other side of Morong (our target point), we were already at Mariveles, more than an hr drive away from Morong. The road was not easy for a car, the twisties are extreme, though it's really nice for a motorcycle ride.
We reach Morong, Bataan around noon, we check out different resort such as Morong Star, White Coral, J and E, Coralview, we settled at the last. The resort is nice though a little pricey. for the 7 of us we paid 4600 for the room, 2 queen size bed and 3 extra matress. There's 2 swimming pool, a videoke machine, 2 billiard table, beach volley ball court and an obstacle course. The beach is great, not white sand though, but the sands are fine, it got a wide beach front which is really really nice, there's a breakwater which makes it safe for kids to swim at the sea, the water is clear but it's very rocky. The food is not good, if I will rate it 10 being the highest, I will rate the food around 4. The food's price is ok if only it is compensated by the taste. The food ranges from 160-180 per short order that is good for 2-3 person. I was disappointed at the fact that they ask corkage for food but they can't even deliver it well... like I just hate every meal we had there and I hate the fact that they sell imported chips only. Sodas are not allowed and I have nothing against it since resorts usually don't allow to bring in drinks other than water. But Corkage for Water? that was a little bit of something!!!! oh well...
The place is nice, I just hope they'll practice good customer service, I hate it when we have to wait for more than an hour just to have a meal, I hate it when they don't allow us to built our own bonfire if we won't buy twigs from them but BUT when we are about to pay they told us they don't have available twigs. anyway, enough of the rants!
After dinner, we had a rest and started our bonding session (sympre it means inuman na din). We started early but ended up very late. We open a bottle of Black Label courtesy of Jays and drink till we drop, unfortunately after finishing the bottle, the others are still not satisfied so while dipping at their jacuzzi we orders few bottles of SMB light. The fun didn't stop until we all decided to call it a night.
I woke up around 9 or 10am. we ordered our brunch, while waiting for the food, we play a part of the obstacle course, net climbing. Having a fear of falling I was able to reach the top in an instant but it took me quite sometime to get down. haha!!! after some picture taking and playing we all had our Brunch. We leave the resort around 3pm. By the way, Sun Cell really sucks, they don't have signal at he area, I still need to borrow my friend's globe phone just to get in touch with my family, Dang!
Our last stop was to try Jumbo Taco located at Olongapo. We took the road that leads to SBMA and from there we look for the restaurant. I'll have a separate entry for the Taco story. And so we finally reach The Coffee Shop Restaurant past 4pm. We finish our dinner at around 6 and all set to go home. Our vacation is over. Past 9pm we were already at Valenzuela exit, it was suppose to be our final stop, for goodbye's but since all of us are "BITIN" we decided to stay for a couple of hours at Jays and Joyce house. I reach home past 2am.
The outing might be a very short but there's one thing I know, that all of us have started a new friendship, another level of being just buddies, we all know that this will not be the last, instead this is the beginning. I was glad that though I am having second thought we still find way to join the gang, another indeed a treasured memory.
pics by joyce

i'll post more pics from my cam soon...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice.. love you sis!

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger