blog Layouts

    ReaD ON....

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Meeting Tina Lirag

At last, I finally met Tina Lirag of the New Yorker Gowns. I read tons and tons of good feedback from her. I first read a post of a co-w@wie sis (forgot her name) about her, her shop sounds so intimidating, the first thing I thought was her gowns might be expensive, after 2 or 3 months of hearing good feedback I decided to check her out. Honestly speaking, I only got a low low budget for the my gown, so I was hesitant to check out designers, I thought that my budget will only be possible if I had them made by an ordinary seamstress. I've exchange an email with sis Najah (from w@w) and she assure me that Tina really works on a brides budget. Tina is not as madaldal as what I expected, but she's good and she's frank, she gives and voice out her opinion. When Tina ask me what gown I wanted, I told her I wanted a halter a-line gown, no particular details only the cut and the neckline, but she ask me to try different gowns, different cut and different neckline. She told me that a halter is a no-no, one because when wearing halter I can't wear bra, only pads should support the bust area, and having 36c size boobs I can't use pads, It's either I have to be braless or I should wear one. Braless means not nice, since it will shape down. In the end we settle for a sleeveless v-neck. as for the cut an a-line is a not advisable for chubby girls, it will make us look wider, so Tina suggested an empire flowing cut. She said chiffon will be nice, since I needed to create an illusion of a just flowing gown. From there we started to talk about the design. She show me a sketch of a crush chiffon gown. I like it! I trust Tina knew what's best for me that's why if I book her I should give her my confidence that she will make me a nice gown. The only thing that's bugging me is the cloth she will use, it's a metallic crinkled chiffon. Some say, why only use chiffon, I should have use something better, like a satin. I don't know if because I only got a small budget or because that's the one that will look good on me, I am hesitant to book her because of that but otherwise I will go for it. Next week will be my deadline, and I hope by next week I am already sure to gave her all my trust. Tomorrow or Saturday, we will check our Ysabelle's, from there I will decide. Gosh! I hope I do make a wise decision. Of course, I wanted to look great on my day!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accidentally ran into your blog. I am also researching on gowns. Is she a designer? Can she actually cut and sew? Or is she just an owner?

From the way you described your body type, we are similar. One designer actually suggested a halter design. To hold the boobs and body in he will put bones or boning in the whole bodice (front & back).This will also make your body seem smaller. He said a thin padding is available so it will look clean and seamless and the V in the halter will have a lengthening effect.

I agree with you about chiffon, its nothing special. The crushed chiffon will add volume to your body making you look bigger.

There is also another Tina. She is Tina Basa Reyes in W@W will also check her.

Good luck to all of us.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Hi,

hope you can put some name.
yeah tina lirag is the owner of the new yorker gowns, she's a designer. I think she will only use chiffon because of my not so big budget. a friend say that with Tina, I am paying for the workmanship not the cloth DAW. I got to know her through w@w, there are a lot of raves about her but I haven't seen her actual wedding gown.
Yesterday, I went to Ysabelle Jaja, same as the designer you mention, he suggested the same. I'm still thinking which is which, and what neckline and cut suites me best. Haven't heard of Tina Basa Reyes, guess I'll dig the archives. I'll go around to check out other designers this week, hopefully from there I can decide. Thanks for the advice and for the comment!
Happy Preps!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melody,

Tina Basa Reyes is also in w@w. Then I also found her website with actual brides posted in the site. They are not models but these are pictures of ladies who she made wedding gowns for. Go to www.tinabasa-reyes.com

Good luck in your dream wedding dress.

Candy

7:17 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Hi Candy,

Thanks! i'll check her website in a while!

Thanks for dropping by!

Mel

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger