blog Layouts

    ReaD ON....

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cake Tasting with Joy San Gabriel

I so love Joy! I've been wanting to set a meeting after reading all praises for Joy's cake at w@w, I first her raves about her from Suzzy, a fellow w@wie sis. I am almost sure that I wanted edible cake, since I am a cake lover, a dessert lover and a sucker for sweets I opt for an all layer all edible cake. Last PICC bridal fair, I had a chance to try a bite of Joy's caramel cake and Kilauea. I so love how it taste, I so love the cake, but since she is not at the site and her assistants are not capable of giving me an exact price and designs of the caramel cake, I decided to meet with her. Her kitchen is located at 20 Bayani St. Galas, Q.C.
Since, the kitchen is near our place and I prefer to see the work place, I chose to met her at her kitchen.
Emer and I, along with our sister, by the way, I tag her along for opinions for the gown sketches of Tina Lirag, reach Bayani St, exactly 10am. We had cake tasting, her cakes are really great! I so love her caramel cake, and since I am a chocolate addict, I find her Kilaueia, the best! Joy is very very nice, she discuss almost everything in detail, I wanted Kilaueia for my cake but since it's really dark it's a no-no for Chinese so we opt for caramel cake. I find 3 layer cake small so I ask if she can make me a 4 layer cake, but she reminded me that 4 might not be favorable, since 4 is "si" in chinese meaning death, she told me that my parents might object, so it is definitely a no-no, 5 layers might be too heavy for all edible cake and if ever it is more expensive than our budget so i cut it off my list.
I originally wanted this design:But since I wanted a taller cake we settle for a 3 layer with stand. It will look taller and nice. for 9500, I will have a 3 layer with stand and flowers in between the level. Cheap ain't it? Joy don't have actual picture of the cake I wanted she showed me a same design cake but using cheesecake top with strawberry, i'll post the picture, so just visualize what will my cake look like.I almost wanted to book her right then and there but I wanted to check Gervy first. I find Joy not only nice but really talented, especially when I saw her hand made cakes, the price of each cake is not as affordable as Goldilocks o Red Ribbon but her cakes got personal touch and are really really impressive. Before we bid goodbye, we bought some Revel Bars and Chocolate Crinkles first. Her Revel Bars are yummy nd her Chocolate Crinkles is the best crinkles I have ever tasted. Take not I am not a fan of chocolate coated with confectioner sugar, yet, I find her sooooo yummy!

Call Joy San Gabriel for meeting, her number is 09175278837. Kitchen Located at 20 Bayani St. Galas, Q.C. Check out her website at www.joysangabrielcakes.blogspot.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger